Medicare Information Resources
Click to expand or contract the section
The Social Security Administration manages Medicare enrollment functions. Medicare pays for claims submitted on behalf of a beneficiary that has been granted access to Medicare by Social Security.
- Social Security Administration Medicare Resources
or Call (800) 772-1213 M-F 7 AM- 7 PM local time.
- Apply for Help With Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs
- Benefits Checkup-Quickly find benefit programs that could help you pay for medications, health care, food, and more. All from a reliable and trusted source.
- Veteran's Administration
- National Veteran's Legal Services Program
Administration on Aging and state contacts:
- Medicare & You - 10050
Summary of Medicare benefits, rights and protections, and answers to the most frequently asked questions about Medicare. (120 pages)
- Choosing A Medigap Policy: A Guide To Health Insurance For People With Medicare - 02110
A booklet containing information on choosing a Medigap policy to supplement the original Medicare plan. (56 pages)
- Medicare and Other HealthBenefits:Your Guide to Who Pays First - 02179 Medicare Secondary Payer Rules
- Have you done your Yearly Medicare Enrollment Review? - 11220
This brochure explains three important steps people with Medicare should take to review their coverage each year. (2 pages)
- Guide to Medicare's Preventive Services - 10110
This is the official government booklet with important information about preventative coverage under Medicare.
- Welcome To Medicare - 11095
This booklet is included in the Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) package that Medicare mails to people who are automatically enrolled in Medicare Part B. It gives a basic overview of the Medicare program and key decisions that people who are new to Medicare need to make. (32 pages)
- e-Prescribing: Connecting to Better Health Care - 11382
This brochure explains how people with Medicare can benefit from electronic prescriptions. (2 pages)
- Forms, Help, & Resources
Find additional help, publications and resources here.
- For questions not answered above contact us or call:
MEDICARE HELPFUL LINKS
- Find health & drug plans
- Find & compare doctors, hospitals, & other providers
- Get help paying costs
- Find suppliers of medical equipment & supplies
- Medicare forms
- Medicare & You
- Mail you get about Medicare
- Lost/incorrect Medicare card
- Help fight Medicare fraud
- File a complaint
- Identity theft: protect yourself, current page
- Phone numbers & websites
- Notice of Privacy Practices for Original Medicare
- Contact Medicare
GENERAL DRUG INFORMATION
PRESCRIPTION DRUG HELP
$4 prescription drugs are available at most large box stores, Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger/Fred Meyer/QFC, Target, K-Mart and others now offer a list of the most commonly prescribed prescription medications for $4 a month and in some cases $10 for a 90 day supply. Mostly this is leveraged off of Wal-Marts list which you can see here:
- Wal-Mart Drug List
- Costco Prescription Pricing
Online pharmacies including Canadian pharmacies-Find prices here for brand name medications and deeply discounted prices for brand name drugs. These are high grade pharmaceuticals manufactured in Europe, Israel, and India. Most of the generic medications used in Europe are manufactured in India. Generic versions of brand name medications that aren't available in the United States can be found here.
- Oregon Prescription Drug Plan (Free Prescription Drug Card-Discount only, not insurance)
- Washington Prescription Drug Program (Free Prescription Drug Card-Discount only, not insurance)
- Arizona CopperRX (Free Prescription Drug Card-Discount only, not insurance)
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance (Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association index of company scholarship programs.)
- Medicare-State Contacts
- Visit Medicare Rx Connect, for answers to frequently asked questions and their free Rx Compare tool.
- For more information about Medicare, visit the Center for Medicare Advocacy.
- BenefitsCheckUp helps people connect to government programs that provide help paying for prescription drugs, health care, utilities, and other needs.
- Official information and services from the U.S. government:
- Administration on Aging. Features useful questions and answer section on Medicare.
USEFUL MEDICARE PHONE NUMBERS
For Claims Related Questions
TTY/TDD users should call 1-877-486-2048,
24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- The Social Security Administration at
1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7
p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY/TDD
users should call, 1-800-325-0778;
- Your State Medicaid Office.
For Benefit Administration/New or Lost Cards
- Health Grades Get reports about and find physicians.
- WebMd.com Find doctors and more.